Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dressing Up, Kentucky Style

You've seen lots of posts showing my girls' dress up adventures recently.  They're really into it.  They're just like their Mama in that way.  I've also posted recently about the dearth of dress up items in my Mom's closet when I was growing up.  She came through with a few fun things for the girls yesterday though.  Check out this hat.

It was made, of course, by my Grandma.

Lass loved it.


The girls loved seeing their Grandma try on this clown costume, also made by my Grandma.  It is actually a full clown costume with a baggy one piece suit that has big buttons down the front.  But I'm not sharing that photo.

When I wrote about my Mom's dress-up-lacking closet recently in this post, I mentioned the one item she did have that I loved to dress up in - the beautiful silver shoes.  I forgot about the beautiful silver purse that went with those shoes.  My Mom brought it out yesterday and I was so happy to see it.  Seriously.  I gasped and exclaimed, "The silver purse!"  The girls are loving it too.

Miss really got into carrying it around.

Before I gave it to the girls, I opened it up to make sure there wasn't anything in it that they couldn't play with.  Turns out I was the last one to use it.  Here's what I found:

This is what I used to carry in my purse.  My keys, "address book," and um, FBI identification card?

Miss enjoyed my special purse contents too.  She was very animated in discussing the importance of having her "message" (the FBI card), her "keys to go for a trip in the car," and her "book to read in the car" in her purse.

I love playing dress up with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment