Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lass - 13 months

My little Lass is growing so quickly.  She was 13 months old yesterday. 

It seems like she is changing and doing more every day.  She started walking more and more about one to two weeks after her birthday.  She is now walking everywhere, and getting pretty quick.

She loves to climb and get into things.


She smiles and laughs easily and loves to be tickled.  She doesn't say many words yet.  Just "Mama," "Dada," "Hi," and a version of dog "Da."  She's working on saying "Sissy."  My favorite is when she says, "Ticka, Ticka, Ticka" and tickles herself or someone else.  It is adorable to see her smile and say this while poking her little fingers in her own armpits or tickling her own toes.  She signs "More" pretty consistently now, but that's about it.  She sort of seems to do "All done" once in a while, but I'm not too sure about this one. I never really made the effort to teach her any other signs, so that's all we get.

She adores her big sister.  Miss can be a bit overbearing with Lass sometimes, grabbing and pulling on her.  Most of the time Lass is pretty tolerant, but she has learned to assert herself when she has had enough.  Usually she screams, but a few times she has tried to bite Miss!  Of course I tell her, "No biting," but I can't blame her really...  She is quite assertive with me as well.  When she doesn't get her way she likes to scream at the top of her lungs and throw herself backwards.  I learned quickly that, when redirecting her from a behavior I don't want her to do, I need to keep my hands on her to "catch" her and make sure she doesn't hit her head as she throws herself to the floor.  She's a feisty little one, my girl is.  She's also a total love bug.  She is super snuggly and gives the best hugs and kisses.

She loves to read and play with blocks and balls.  However, her favorite thing these days is dressing up.

Often when we go in the family room to play, she will immediately go to the cabinet where I keep the tutus, pull them out, and hold them up one at a time so I will put each of them on her.  All three at once is how she likes to wear them.  She also loves wearing hats and glasses and carrying a purse.  She must have gotten the dress up gene from me!

She also loves to dance and has the most wonderful little personality.  She imitates everything, from facial expressions, to sounds, to sneezes.

She is so fun to be with every day.  Most of the time she is such a happy little girl, and I just love to watch her grow and change.  I can't believe she is 13 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment