Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

We love Dr. Seuss. Our favorite Dr. S books in our house are "Dr. Seuss's ABCs," "There's a Wocket in my Pocket," and "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" Today our local library had a birthday party for Dr. Seuss, complete with cake,


storytime,


We had a few moments of down time when the story teller had to go fix a problem with one of her props, so we got some silly photos with my new phone. Notice Lass conked out in the Ergo.


Cat in the Hat pictures to color,


making new friends,


books to check out and bring home,

and a Cat in the Hat party favor.



I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in the storytime, as the story teller only read one book (a Dr. Seuss book called "Ten Apples??") and the rest of the time performed a couple of other story-type things that had nothing to do with Dr. Seuss. And there were tons of kids sitting right up front who kept standing up and/or talking loudly and/or yelling, so the story teller kept interrupting what she was doing to redirect these kids, and not once did a parent come up to attempt to corral her own child's behavior. Call me a stick in the mud, but I sat on the floor with Miss and Lass to make sure Miss behaved well. I'm all for letting her have fun, but not if it disrupts other's ability to enjoy the show. She did a great job, by the way. And we did have a wonderful time even if the story time left something to be desired, in my humble opinion. Miss loves the library, so we'll be attending story time more regularly in the future (the story teller today was a guest, not one of the regular children's librarians). Happy 107th Birthday Dr. Seuss!

1 comment:

  1. May I just say that I LOVE the sweater dress, tights and boots combo on Miss... very tasteful, Mom! Beautiful girls! Bet I know a children's librarian that would have given her right arm to have Miss and Lass in her audience!! (grin)
    Love you,
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete