Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Toys

We are taking a trip to Arizona in a few weeks. It will be our first plane trip with two kids under two. In preparation for this, Miss got a new set of child-sized headphones so she can happily watch Yo Gabba Gabba on our DVD player without thoroughly annoying all the other passengers in ear-shot. She thought they were pretty cool.




And our little Lass is growing so fast!! I can't believe she's already big enough for this:



I knew those out-dated books from graduate school would come in handy some day. Actually, since she's in the 90th %ile for height, she's pretty much tall enough to reach the base of the exersaucer, so she doesn't really need the book there at this point, but I keep it there just to give her a little extra to "stand" on.

She loves being in the exersaucer and it's so cute to watch her playing in it.

Miss and Lass got an art easel for Christmas that my hubby put together today. It fits right onto her Learning Tower and had a chalkboard side and a dry erase side, as well as a magnet to hold a piece of paper in place.


She had so much fun with it today. Daddy was ordered to draw with her. He was allowed to use the blue chalk, and only the blue chalk.


But she didn't like what he drew so she erased it.

She also got lots of magnets from Santa. She has animals and letters and she had fun putting all the animals on both sides of the easel today. This is such a great bonus to having the easel, since we cannot stick magnets to the front of our refrigerator (seriously, what kind of a refrigerator is it if you can't stick magnets to it????)

My hubby asked Miss to draw a circle, and here's what she did. We were pretty impressed!

I am crossing my fingers that she will continue to really love this and that it will be fun for her to do while I'm cooking dinner or getting other things done in the kitchen. I love that the Learning Tower has this accessory, as I really wanted her to have an art easel but didn't want to have another big thing to take up space.

One of my goals this year is to blog more frequently. I really do love doing it and I love that some people actually read what I write and enjoy the photos of our day to day. But, I may be a little less present in the next week or so. I have two books to read for two book clubs this week, and one of them has been very slow-going for me. Plus I have three competency evaluations to write reports for, so please bear with me if I'm not posting quite as much for a few days. I'll try to at least keep posting some photos of my girls!

1 comment:

  1. Miss looks so grown up with the headphones on! And I cannot believe that Poppy is big enough for the exersaucer!!!
    Great idea on the chalk board too. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete