Friday, October 1, 2010

What we've been up to

We are at the Farm this week. My hubby has been hunting in the mornings and evenings. Miss has been having a big time with her "Baba" and "Papa," (my husband's parents) and is now playing with her cousins. More cousins and aunts and uncles will be arriving through the weekend, so I know she'll have a blast. Her favorite thing this week so far has been riding around the farm on the Ranger. She has gone exploring with her Baba and Daddy around the farm, picked flowers, watched Papa on the tractor, and taken a nap on it, as loud and jostling as it is. She just went on a "treasure hunt" this morning. Lass and I have joined the ride a few times and she just falls right to sleep wrapped up snugly against my chest while the Ranger rocks and bumps around. She's just been working on growing. I love watching all the sweet expressions she makes (haven't yet caught a smile on camera).





Other things we've been doing since my last post include taking a trip to story time at the library last week. Well, sort of. We got all ready with every intention of going to story time, but couldn't quite make it out the door in time. We went to the library anyway.

Miss really enjoys the show "Yo Gabba Gabba" and asks to watch it more than I would like. She calls it "Mo Ga." I found a "Yo Gabba Gabba" book at the library and was so excited. I figured having a book from her favorite show would be great, so she wouldn't ask to watch the show so much. Now all she wants to do is read the book and watch the show. "Mo Ga, book??" she says. It's adorable to hear her recite the first page of the book though, "Oh nooooo! Where's the sun?" Over and over and over as she flips through the pages.

She also got her first "haircut." This really just means that I trimmed about five stray hairs that were too long and kept falling in her face so they are now the same length as the rest of her bangs.

Adorable. I'll try to blog more in October. Can you believe it's October already?? Fall, crisp weather, good football, Halloween (I already have the girls' costumes). . . so much to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Love the hair cut! Sounds like you're having fun & I'm so glad you made it to the library, even if you were late for story time (sounds like the story of my life & I only have B to get out of the house!)

    ReplyDelete