Monday, August 9, 2010

Are We There Yet???

Baby Girl is still hanging in there. Here are a few random thoughts at 38 weeks, 3 days:

I now cannot sleep more than about an hour at a time without getting up to go to the bathroom.

I am now almost compelled to take a nap whenever possible.

I downloaded Contraction Master on my iPhone and time my contractions a lot. They are usually not as close together as I think, but I could get a bit obsessed with timing them.

I have been waiting for the day that Miss is faster than me as she learns to run faster and I get slower. I think we're there.

I have wondered if it's wrong to eat ice cream every night. And I have decided I don't care.

I am getting very nervous about leaving Miss when I go to the hospital. I'm not nervous about her being well taken care of. I have a wonderful babysitter who is willing to drop just about anything to come over when necessary and hold the fort until my parents can get here (they will have about a 10 hour drive). So I know Miss will be in great hands. It's just that I have never left her overnight. I really hope I don't go into labor in the middle of the night because it makes me sad to think of putting her to bed and then having her wake up to someone else, even if it is her beloved babysitter. I want to be able to tell her "I'll be back soon" and give her a kiss.

I'm getting so anxious to meet this little Baby Girl!!!

It's really starting to sink in that I will soon have two children under two. Whoa. Let the fun begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment