Friday, April 16, 2010

Lasagna

I intended to make lasagna for dinner Wednesday. We have lots of Italian sausage made with venison, and this sounded like a good way to use some of it up. So I got out the sausage to thaw on Wednesday. Except I didn't get it out until Miss went down for her afternoon nap. Oops. No lasagna Wednesday. It was a very warm day though, so it was kind of nice to just whip up some delicious tuna salad and have fresh tuna wraps for dinner that night instead. I put the sausage in the fridge.

Yesterday I was really going to make lasagna. I had it all planned out that I would cook the sausage and put the lasagna together while Miss napped in the afternoon, and then just put it in the oven at the proper time so it would be ready for dinner. Except when Miss napped in the afternoon, er, so did I. Again, no lasagna. We went out for dinner last night. And the sausage still sits in my fridge.

Today, I have to make lasagna!!! Now that the sausage is thawed, there is no going back. It will go bad if I don't use it. I don't like to waste food, so the lasagna is definitely on the dinner menu for tonight. Miss is napping, so this is the perfect time to go brown that sausage and layer up a tasty Italian treat. Yes, right now while I'm instead playing on my computer. Motivator - thinking of the funny photos I will be able to take of Miss as she dives into her first meal with marinara sauce (we don't eat much pasta around here). I promise to share the photos. Off to the kitchen. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment