Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Last night was a nice relaxing New Year's Eve for my family. I made stuffed poblano peppers for dinner and my hubby and I relaxed for the evening watching football (Yay Cyclones!!). I had some sparkling grape juice (way too sweet, gross!) and the hubby had some sake (the man loves sake!!) and we went to bed before 9. We read for a while (me - "The Man Who Ate Everything" by Jeffrey Steingarten, Ben - "Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking and Curing" by Michael Ruhlman and Brian Polcyn), but definitely had lights out by 10. Today, Ben will make chili and we'll watch lots of football (Go Spartans!!).

I don't like to make "resolutions" for the new year. But I do use the start of a new year to reflect on accomplishments and set new goals for the next year. So, what are my goals for 2010? I have lots, but here are a few:

1. I will make a new recipe at least once per week, and at least once per month, this will be a recipe I created myself (hubby has enthusiastically agreed to this experiment).

2. I will get back to exercising more consistently, at least 3 times per week.

3. I will get more organized (I have waaayyy too much love for the junk drawer, I have at least 3 of them!)

4. I will volunteer my time somewhere.

5. I will return to crafting (i.e. sewing, crocheting, matting and framing)

6. I will attend at least one culinary class.

Of course, my most important goals are to be the best mom I can to Miss every day. Now that she is getting older I'm excited to attend things like story time at the library, Building for Kids, Menominee Park Zoo, more play dates, and plenty of other local activities. I'm hoping 2010 will be a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment