Friday, October 2, 2009

I Jinxed Myself

I knew I would. All this talk about how Miss is sleeping so well now. Yesterday she took two half-hour naps. Not two and a half hours, but two naps, each for one half hour. Oi. Today was a little better, but I swear that little stinker has some sort of sensor, such that she wakes as soon as I sit down to get on my computer. She was snoozing away while I was doing dishes. Fortunately, she didn't wake while I was taking a shower and drying my hair. But once I sat down to enjoy some coffee and a little blogging, I heard the monitor begin to crackle, signifying the rousing of the Little Miss. This is truly my second attempt at typing this same post about lack of sleep. Ironically of course, the first attempt was aborted when Miss woke up prematurely from her morning nap.

Ah well, at least her sleep at night is still good. Oh wait, no. I jinxed myself there too. Sleeping through the night? Well, sort of. She is now waking once per night, at a different time every night so far, and fussing for approximately 20 minutes. This isn't so bad, because she's not really crying. I'm able to let her put herself back to sleep, but of course I'm awake the whole time too. And if you know me, you know I have had problems with insomnia anyway, and unfortunately, if I wake up for that length of time in the middle of the night it is nearly impossible for me to get back to sleep. I think I was getting more sleep when I just got up twice and nursed her back to sleep real quick. But we won't go down that road again. I'm hoping the sleep all night thing will take pretty soon for good. Until then, early to bed for me. And no more bragging about how beautifully my daughter is sleeping :)

1 comment:

  1. I think Spencer has the same sensor. Whenever I blog about how well he is sleeping he stops sleeping well for 2 or 3 nights. I'm going to have to stop commenting on it and just let him be!!

    ReplyDelete