Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Love You Stinky Face

I have "Goodnight Moon." I have "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" I have lots of board books that I enjoy reading to Miss. My favorite one though, is "I Love You Stinky Face*". I bought this book purely because I thought the title was hilarious. But I have discovered that it is just a wonderful little book all around. It is such a fun book to read, and it's every bit as good for naptime/bedtime reading as "Goodnight Moon." It's about a little boy who asks his mother if she would still love him if he were an ape, a skunk, an alligator, a "meat-eating dinosaur," or an alien, among other things. And of course the book Mama always responds that she would love and take care of him no matter what. My favorite line from the book is "But Mama, But Mama, what if I were a super smelly skunk, and I smelled so bad that my name was 'Stinky Face'?" As I type it even, I'm hearing the funny inflection that I like to use when reading this aloud. And the book Mama's reply begins with "Then I would plunk you in a bubble bath." It's an adorable book. And Miss seems to love it too. We read it before every nap.

*McCourt, Lisa (author) & Moore, Cyd (Illustrator). (2004). I love you stinky face. New York, Cartwheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment